Applicant: Verónica Manosalvas
Assessor: Ramón Salaverría
Edits made by the organization after this assessment
IFCN Staff wrote:
After the initial assessment of "Accept with edits", the applicant organization, Ecuador Chequea, submitted the edits below (in italics). According to the new evidences, the five pending criteria have been re-assessed:
Criterion 4A Funding Sources
- We give details of the organizations that have intervened and are currently involved in the financing of Ecuador Check. We present by percentage the way in which the initiative is financed. So we try to clarify this point, as our assessor suggested. That information is available at the section: 'Mecanismo de financiación': http://www.ecuadorchequea.com/el-equipo/
The disclosure of all funding sources has been correctly implemented. The assessment of criterion 4A upgrades to Full compliance.
Criterion 4C Contact
- We enable a contact tab, visible throughout the website. In the page, the ways in which readers can contact with the organization are described: e-mail, linked to our adress; WhatsApp; and online form, accepting the recommendation of our advisor. That information is available at the section: 'Contáctanos': http://www.ecuadorchequea.com/contactanos/
The applicant has substantially improved this criterion, which was assessed as the main weakness of the original application. The assessment of criterion 4C upgrades to Full compliance.
Criterion 5B Claim submissions
- Below the 'Contact' tab, we enable a tab for claims or rectifications request. On the page, we describe, accurately, how to process a claim. That information is available at the section: 'Solicitud de rectificaciones': http://www.ecuadorchequea.com/politica-de-rectificaciones/
The applicant now provides clear guidelines to users on how to proceed for correction claims. The assessment of criterion 5B upgrades to Full compliance.
Criterion 6A Corrections policy
- As our assessor suggested, we improve the details about our Corrections policy. Now, at our 'Solicitud de rectificaciones' tab, we provide specific time and procedures to manage a rectification. The time we specified it takes to manage a rectification is based on the time it can take us to develop a verification. That information is available at the section: 'Solicitud de rectificaciones': http://www.ecuadorchequea.com/politica-de-rectificaciones/
The applicant has implemented a strong corrections policy, that is clearly explained to users. The assessment of criterion 6A upgrades to Full compliance.
Criterion 6B Examples of corrections
- We maintain that, in honor of the truth, since ECUADOR CHEQUEA has been working, we have not received requests for rectifications. However, we have accepted the recommendations of our assesor and, as he requested, we have improved the aspects related to contact and rectification policy, so that our readers can participate more actively in this aspect.
Since both the corrections policy and the means of contact provided to users have been substantially improved, the assessment of criterion 6B upgrades to Full compliance.
Based on the new evidences provided by the applicant, which prove that all requested improvements have been appropriately implemented, we recommend to upgrade the overall assessment to: ACCEPT.
Conclusion and recommendations
Ramón Salaverría wrote:
According to the evidences provided in the assessment, we suggest accepting the application with several edits. The main improvements requested to the applicant are aimed at fixing the current difficulty to contact the organization by the readers, in order to allow an easier submission of claims and corrections requests.